Wed. night went over to Craig's parents house to celebrate Jacob's birthday. Hailee and I decided to head over a little bit early because Craig was out working on a sled to take on his ice fishing adventures. I was excited to see Grandma Dorothy's car there when we pulled up. Hailee is generally not very fond of "older people," but she has sure taken a liking to G. Dorothy in the past few months. The party was a lot of fun, it is always really nice to visit with everyone. We got home and after I went to bed I was laying there thinking about things and how Hailee likes G. Dorothy. Dave and Suz gave me a journal for Christmas so that I can write down cute little things Hailee does or says or other thoughts. Well I had to get our of bed and write a few things down. As I was laying there I was thinking about how Hailee is when she is around Dorothy. It kind of seems like its just been since Poppa Vic died that she has become more fond of her. One of the first things Hailee did when we got there was to go over and give G. Dorothy a big hug. Then, all through out the night she would take things over to show her to just give her big slobbery kisses, it was really cute.
Now, here is my conclusion... I might be way off, who knows. We generally don't see G. Dorothy all that often; we see her at family partys and stop in for an occasional visit. I just think that little kids are so smart and VERY perceptive. I believe that Hailee must know on some level that Grandma Dorothy really needs those sweet hugs and slobbery kisses. Since Poppa Vic died it has been hard to see how lonely she has been and we have really gotten a glimpse at how much she loved him. They really were a great couple! We all really make an effort to stop in more frequently to visit and remember grandma, but we might not ever realize how much these little children understand. I know that they are wise beyond their years. I feel very blessed to be trusted with this sweet little spirit.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Thanks for sharing! I think that sometimes too-- that they know a lot more than we think they do.
She sure is sweet and we enjoyed seeing her being so silly on Wednesday. She's sooo cute!!
Thank you for this very thoughtful post. I loved seeing you all back in October. I wish I could see Gma Dorothy more often, and Alaynah too, Alaynah absolutely adored her when we were there. I am glad Hailee is keeping her company and passing out many kisses.
Post a Comment