Wednesday, February 16, 2011

why do I wait so long...

I am not sure why I wait so long to post when new stuff happens in our lives. We have definitely had A LOT going on around here this past month! I am not even sure where to start... Tuesday the 25th I had a dr. appointment, she finally checked my and I was 3 1/2 cm dilated, so I was ecstatic. I spent some time over at the hospital that day in observation to see if things would go anywhere after walking around and things like that with the possibility of having Dr. Cruz just start me anyway. Well, long story short the nurse that was assigned to me had a different idea and didn't exactly get me the correct message from the Dr. so I ended up going home. I had contractions pretty good for a while on Wednesday and by Thursday morning they were coming every 5 to 6 minutes so Craig and I headed up to Cody. I was only 4 cm dilated, but after everything Tuesday I was assured they weren't sending me home. I was still contracting regularly all day with very little change. At around 2:30 they started me on pit and still very change so, Dr. Cruz came in a broke my water at around 6. That was all it took, with in 15 minutes my contractions were coming right on top of each other. I felt like a wimp cause I was only 5 cm, but I asked for my epidural anyway. I had my epidural by 8:30 and got a little rest. My nurse came in around 10:15 and wasn't going to check me, but figured she would since it had been 2 hours thinking I was probably around 7 cm... well, to every one's surprise I was complete! I just kind of hung out until Dr. Cruz got there. As soon as they were ready I started pushing and only pushed through 5 contractions before our little angel arrived. Kortney Marie was born at 11:15 p.m. 1/27/11 and was 7 lbs. 3.3 oz and 19.5 inches long. This time was SO much easier than Hailee was!


Hailee meeting Kortney for the first time.




1 week Old




2 Weeks Old



Kortney has been an amazing baby. She sleeps very well and eats every three hours or so. We even got a 5 hour stretch in last night (I was a little upset that I spent the first hour and a half in my recliner because I had fallen asleep burping her). She has a really sweet and calm disposition. I'll admit that most days I just sit in my recliner and cuddle her. Hailee was a screamer and rarely slept so I am taking it all in this time, I can't believe she'll already be 3 weeks old tomorrow! :(

Hailee is a very proud big sister. I was afraid she'd be "too much" help, but she has been really good. She likes to hold her a little bit, but otherwise she is just satisfied knowing that she is finally a big sister.


Last week we got new flooring put down in the kitchen and bathroom, but I will post about that next time when I get some pictures taken...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! She is soo sweet. What a cutie!! I bet you are glad she is here.

The Edwards said...

Congrats! She is so so beautiful.

Jill said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

Paul and Kelly said...

She is so cute Lissa! I'm glad she has been a good baby for you. Hopefully I'll get to see her before she's grown up. :-) Congratulations!!!

New Pix

Pictures