I can't believe another year has come and gone. Time just never seems to slow down. We had a good year though! We had lots of adventures and learned a lot, hopefully this coming year will be just as much of an adventure. December was a wild month, but we all finished our Christmas shopping in time to enjoy the season. I was so glad to finish with a few weeks to spare! Our first Christmas present was Lauren returning safely from Russia on the 19th!! It was great to have her back, even if it was only for a few weeks. She had a wonderful time! She is such a brave girl and did some great things while she was over there. She had some GREAT experiences doing family history. I am in awe of the things she was able to accomplish; she definately had the help of the spirit! It seems like we just partied the rest of that week.

On the 23rd we went to Worland to celebrate with my father-in-law's sister. It's always a good time when we get to spend time with the Doerr's. It was great to sit and visit with everyone. Worland isn't very far away but it seems like we hardly see them! We spent Christmas Eve with my mother-in-law's family. They are such wonderful people. They have some great traditions and am glad that we got to be a part of it. Hailee was wiped out by the time we left there, she fell asleep on our way home. Craig woke her up so she could open up her Christmas jammies... big mistake, she was up until like 12:30. I dozed on and off until she finally went to sleep then I drug Craig downstairs so we could bring everything up! We finally woke Hailee up at about 8:30 Christmas morning so that we could open gifts and get down to Dave and Suz's for breakfast. Hailee had a ball. She had been talking about "big" presents all week, so I was suprised when she went for the little stuff first. Everything was so exciting though, it was fun to watch her. We got her an easel with a bunch of art supplies, a little vanity, a new pair of boots, and a few other odds and ends. My parents got her a princess cd player for her room and Craigs parents got her a bunch of art supplies. She was quite impressed and maybe a little overwhelmed. Craig and I just kind of got some joint gifts. We got a new camera (ok it was more for me). I was very excited to get something a little nicer though. I had kind of quite taking pictures because I hated my old one so bad. Craig got new tires for the pickup. Not real exciting, but tires are so expensive!! We got each other a few little things, but overall it was great Christmas! We just relaxed all day with Craig's family.

Craig used the rest of his vacation for the year so he didn't have to go back to work between Christmas and New Years. It was kind of nice even though we didn't see a whole lot of him. He got in lots of fishing and snowmobiling though. For New Year's eve Craigs family came over. We just snacked and played a couple games. It was lots of fun. I kind of feel bad that I didn't spend much time with my own family, but my parents left New Year's day for a cruise. They went with Cailee and Chris and Chris's family. They will be back Sunday, it should be interesting to see how it went. I think my dad was a little skeptical about it, but I am sure they are having a great time! I have to admit I am a little jealous!
With the holidays behind us and things getting back to normal our next plan of action is to get ready for this baby to get here. These last few months have gone by SO fast. But I have to admit, I think I am ready to be done being pregnant! Overall it has been a much better pregnancy than I had with Hailee, but I am still ready to be done. I had an ultrasound done yesterday. They are still confident it is a girl, which makes me feel a little better. I just really like to have a plan. They are estimating her weight at 6lbs 4oz... so hopefully we don't go a whole lot longer! There are a few things I have left to get done before she comes, so hopefully I can get them done before she gets here. I relented and allowed a pregnancy picture the other day... I suppose one day I might want to remember what I looked like. I don't know why I am so against them, maybe it's just from being so tired and uncomfortable all of the time... but here it is. And a sneak peak at our little one! 36 weeks
No comments:
Post a Comment